Monday, July 20, 2015

Clamshell Quilt: a Finish

This quilt has been done for a while, I even took the photos months ago. It's just been so crazy I haven't blogged about it!  I was lucky enough to buy an Accu Quilt Go! off a fellow quilter who was upgrading to a larger model. My plan with the die cut machine was to be able to cut more difficult shapes that would need templates if I were to cut them by hand.  So I started with the 8" clamshell die and a layer cake.


This fabric line is Eva by Basic Grey. It was a layer cake that I've had sitting around for a few years waiting for the perfect project.  I think it's so beautiful and girly!


In some of these close ups you can see some extra fabrics that I added in to have enough to make this large enough.




There's some Tula Pink, Kate Spain and Joel Dewberry in there. My favorites!




My friend Denise (the feet you see above) was kind enough to let me long arm this at her place and I used this same panto that I used on this quilt. I love the girly swirls that have a secondary heart pattern.

Since this is so girly, my daughter is not enthralled with it. She "likes cool things, not pretty things". Sigh!  So this will have to wait for the right recipient!

 
 
Quilt stats:
Quilt name: Beautiful Clamshells
Fabrics: Basic Grey Eva and stash
Finished size: 39"x47"
Finished: 4/2015



6 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love it! So adorable! Love the colors, the fabrics, the quilting...everything! Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

Purple and green -- what a great color combo. Really digging the clamshells. Another beauty, Becky!

Denise in PA said...

Before I read down, I said "those are my feet!" LOL I do love this quilt! and the quilting looks fantastic! o:)

Lindsay said...

It's beautiful! Your daughter's comment made me laugh. I'm sure I'll be hearing something similar in a few years!

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic! Eva was one of my favourite fabric lines so it's neat to see it in use! (I have two unfinished quilt tops using it... one of these days I'll finish them up.)

Quiltin' Sandy said...

WOW I love your quilt. I have a layer cake of this too and was toying with the idea of selling it as I did not know what to make with it.. I might just keep it now.. Saw a few other ideas for making it up but yours is the prettiest by far.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...